Thursday, September 11, 2008

Beginning

I'll start at the beginning: I rode my bike to work yesterday. To get there in time to be ready to work at 10 I have to leave here at 7:40 or so. (A side note, the weather is cold in the morning and warms up during the day so I had to wear all these clothes for my ride in the morning and then had to carry them back with me on the way back. I carried them back in a plastic grocery bag tied to my handlebars with an old inner tube. Not pretty but it worked.) So after work I had to ride the 17 miles back home plus I took a little longer route since the weather was so nice. So anyway, the point of explaining all that was to give me probable cause for being tired - which I was. As a result of being tired I just kind of wanted to sit around. But the weather was nice and I wanted to be outside. So I ended up taking my camera with me and sitting around outside. I got a progression of pictures of the moon rising. I was sitting there long enough that you can actually see the moon move as the pictures progress. (Another aside: it's amazing to me how fast the moon moves. Once upon a time a little over a year ago I was driving back into Lancaster [the town I live in] one winter night. The moon was about to set over the dome of the courthouse. I thought it looked neat and since I had my camera and tripod with me I decided to stop and take a picture. So I got out of the car and got my tripod all set up and was getting all pumped to take this cool picture when I looked up saw that the moon had set in the short amount of time it had taken me to set up my tripod.)






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home