Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bark

This was the picture that got the wheels turning in my head that an all-bark blog entry might be cool.


So I was walking around Memorial Park this morning and was just out taking my usual mix of random subject pictures and happened to be taking a picture of some birch bark when it kind of seemed to me that it would be an interesting photographic endeavor to to a whole blog entry of just different kinds of bark. I didn't really think, seriously, about actually doing it right at first. But the idea kind of grew on me. So I made it a point to take as many pictures of bark (different kinds of trees, different light, different aged trees, etc) as was reasonable. I got back to my house and looked at the pictures and decided that they're good enough to put on here (a few of them anyway). So here y'all are: an entire blog entry on a subject that some people would say is pretty mundane.





Some of the pictures were taken of small trees and so were taken kind of close up so that the trunk would take up the whole of the picture. This picture is taken of an absolutely huge oak tree...and I had to stand about 4 feet away to get this picture.





This was taken last winter at Governor Dodge State Park. I just think that the bark looks kind of cool. It's taken at what used to be an old homestead (the "refridgerator" [springhouse] is still there) and the family living there had planted a bunch of white pine trees that were much older than the rest of the trees around. This is a picture of the bark of one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home