Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tear






Last night I had left the widows open in my house and woke up when it started to rain at about 2 in the morning and went charging around the house shutting windows. I hadn't bothered to turn on the lights and when I was heading towards the last window to shut I tripped over something I had left out on the floor, a pair of sandals. I fell down and my foot kind of hurt but I didn't think much of it. After all it's pretty normal for your foot to hurt when you hit something hard enough to trip and fall. So I shut the last window and then just thought I'd give my foot a quick glance to see what was up. Turns out it was wounded pretty badly (I have no idea how this happened, sandals don't have anything sharp on them, my only guess is that I hit the sandal hard enough to tear, not cut, the skin on the bottom of my foot). I was not able to locate my bandage material that I usually keep around so I had to go hobbling around the house (trying not to bleed too badly on the carpet) looking for my first aid kit that I take camping with me. I eventually found it in my car. I couldn't see the cut/tear very well because it was on the bottom of my foot but got a bandage on it and went back to bed.


So the whole point of that last paragraph is to say that I am not going to be able to get out much with my camera in the next couple of days...but I wanted to do a blog entry so I'll have to make do with some older pictures. [Actually the on of the mirrored leaves is fairly new]


Turtle picture: In late May I was on a canoe trip and we stopped to camp at a park in Hayward, WI to camp. A turtle was there laying eggs. When I was back at that same park in September of that year I was able to find this newly hatched turtle.


Windblown snow and leaf picture: I was out walking around in the Lancaster golf course this past winter and saw this. It had been windy and the wind did this.


Windmill picture: These are some of the electricity generating windmills at the wind farm near Montfort, WI.


Mirror leaf picture: this is pretty self explanatory...or it seems like it is to me but I saw the whole scene when I was there so maybe I'm biased.


Floating leaf picture: This was taken in fall and this leaf was floating just below the surface of the water of the pond here in Lancaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home