Thursday, May 1, 2008
























Here are some pictures I took last night.


I wasn't out for very long and the light wasn't so great. So even though I took more than 20 pictures only four turned out to be worth a damn...and of those four these two were by far the best. The others were kind of ho-hum water shots. Not very good. For any picture that I put up for display there are many many more I took that didn't turn out. Maybe the lighting wasn't so good or something is slightly out of focus or [insert any number of things that can go wrong...this reminds me of the time when I was out with my camera and a dog ran up to and started sniffing around at me and my camera and stuff. I realized later when I looked at the pictures I had taken that the dog's wet nose had put a smudge on the lens and all my pictures had a blurry spot in them]. It's amazing how many pictures I take that are just plain bad. I would be embarrassed to show 'em. So if you think my photography is decent or maybe even good you might think that I can go out and take pictures and they all turn out well...well it ain't that easy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spring said...

Challenges of photography you say, eh? (raising one eyebrow with an expression of mischief)
Ok, then I throw out the next gauntlet...
So Mother's Day is rumored to be prime season in SW WI for a great, but notoriously illusive, natural phenomenon: the Morel Mushroom.
Do you know of it?
I challenge you to find one and capture it on film (and I also recommend taking it home then and frying it up with a bit of butter and ground pepper--a real delicacy as a reward if you succeed!)

May 7, 2008 at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home