Friday, May 16, 2008

.500

























[First of all, the picture with the morel (morels plural actually...one's kind of hidden) is posed. Not real. I had a request for a morel picture and then just a few days later I was given a bunch of morels and so I decided to take a picture. I walked to the nearest park and found a place that, to my unexperienced eye, looked morel-y and put 'em down and took a picture.]


I haven't been out of Lancaster (the town I live in. Yeah, that sentence ends with a preposition...Mr. Jonas would be upset) too much to get pictures. But here are a few I took at the park about two blocks away from my house just yesterday. Well the one with snow in it was taken in February of '07 but I thought it was kind of cool to see how sights change with the seasons. If you look at the top two pictures you can see that they're taken from similar vantage points. Things in them are pretty much the same...except, of course, the season. Oh and the top picture was taken on a canoe trip to the BWCAW (Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness) about two years ago. So really only half of the pictures were taken yesterday. If this was baseball I'd be batting .500 and doing pretty well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Spring said...

Kudos to you for creativity--I hope the morels tasted excellent!

I imagine the park will look a little less tranquil come this weekend when family bbq-ers, baseball players, and the drippy ice-cream smiles of gleeful children will take over before the respectful gathering on Monday morning.

May 22, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Spring said...

P.S. Morels thrive in soil near downed elm trees in my limited experience.

May 22, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home