Friday, September 5, 2008

Ridiculous

This is getting ridiculous. It's been a while since I last typed at ya'll on this blog. I haven't taken many pictures in the meantime. So I thought I'd make a blog entry out of some old pictures – and two new ones - I've got sitting on the hard drive of this computer. Here they are:
This was taken in the late winter. The open water is caused by a spring bubbling up and the sun was warm enough to melt a bit of the snow on top of the ice and it made this pattern as it drained off the ice and into the water.

I got up fairly early one foggy day last winter and managed to get this picture. I have no idea why the frost is just on the leaf edge.


This last weekend my girlfriend and I took a canoe/camping trip on the Manitowish River in northern Wisconsin. This was at one of the campsites.

It almost dark and I was driving home from the aforementioned camping trip when I saw this semi parked in the little town of Cataract, WI. This caught my eye because it seems ridiculous to have the word "horseradish" painted so big on the side of your truck. If was the driver I'd feel a bit sheepish.


This was taken in November of last year. Frost does funny things.


When I got this picture the sky was clear (hence the blue reflections) but it had been raining before this and since it was cold enough to freeze it froze on this rock to make this thing layer of ice you see in this picture. The rock isn't smooth so that explains the ups and downs you see in the ice. Alot of people have trouble grasping what this picture is of, and, frankly, I have trouble explaining it...but alot of people think it's still cool to look at.


This is a small drift of snow that was sticking up into the sunlight. The darker blue is snow too but is a bit lower and not sticking up into the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home