Sunday, August 2, 2009

Better late than never?


It's been quite a while since I typed on here. I really don't have an excuse...then again maybe I do: I wasn't really thinking that many people were reading what I had written here - that and I've been learning some illegal ninja moves from the government. Napoleon Dynamite's been teaching me. Speaking of Napoleon Dynamite, maybe a better excuse would be to say that I've been busy hunting wolverines with my uncle in Alaska.

Anyway, here are a few pictures that I've taken recently:




This was taken just a few hours ago in a little stream in Lancaster's Memorial Park. Today is a nice, sunny day (obviously, since you can see the sun's reflection in the water) - sometimes photography is just an excuse to get outside.



I thought that these leaves contrasted the green grass nicely. These leaves were on a small branch which had been knocked off of the tree they were on. I didn't steal this picture from some I took last fall.



Near the shore of the little pond in Lancaster's Memorial Park are rocks (probably put there to prevent erosion) and the combination of the rock and the leaf in this picture caught my eye.


Same thing with this rock: it was near the shore of the pond here in town. The water looks a bit on the murky side because the city puts something in the water (I believe it's called AquaShade) that doesn't allow light to penetrate very far so plants don't grow.


These blades of grass were floating (though they were still anchored by their roots) on top of some water in a very small stream in Memorial Park.


Not sure what it is, but to me anyway, birchbark just looks cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home